Tis’ the season for homemade iced tea. As far back as I could remember once spring made its grand appearance, so did this drink to our dinner table. Ever since I was taught how to make it I honestly can not stop. I want to try all kind of variations of iced tea this summer, but I figured that it would be in everyones’ best interest to start with a basic iced tea.
1/2 cup of Bottled Lemon Juice
1 Cup of Sugar
6 Black Tea Bags
2 Whole Lemons (optional)
1 Tea Kettle
- Fill your tea kettle with water and allow water boil
- In your pitcher add your 6 tea bags, I always remove the string from tea bags (it will not wrap around wooden spoon when you stir) and then add your 1 cup of sugar.
- Once your water has boiled, pour on top of sugar and tea bags. Stir.
- Allow tea to seep for about 20 minutes before adding the 1/2 cup of lemon juice.
- At this point you can put your pitcher in the fridge to cool or pour yourself a glass with a bunch of ice. You may also want to add quartered lemons for more of a kick.
This is a pretty big glass pitcher, so I definitely added some ice..well lets just say I needed to refill all of my ice trays.
I have a bunch of lemons laying around due to my abnormal consumption of lemon water recently.
So why not add more lemons?
I would say this is the best part!
I forgot to mention that Sophia loves my iced tea! She recognizes the pitcher I make it in and even when I start to get the ingredients together she knows what is coming.
I hope your enjoy this post! If you make this homemade iced tea please let me know how you like! Or what are your favorite spring drink?