Do you want another excuse to fire up the grill this week? Look no further! Yesterday, for dinner my mom and I made Hawaiian Chicken Kabobs. They were delish!
I am really particular about how chicken is prepared…like extremely picky. I can thank Adrian for that one.
What you need:
1 Box KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub, Sweet Honey
1 3/4 C. Pineapple Juice
4 Large boneless skinless, Chicken Breasts
1 C. Mushrooms, halved
1 Red Bell Pepper
1 Orange Bell Pepper
1 Green Bell Pepper
1 C. Pineapple, diced
1 Purple Onion
- Combine 1 3/4 Pineapple Juice and 1 Pouch KC Masterpiece BBQ Sauce & Dry Rub. Set Aside.
- Either cut the chicken up into bite size cubes or leave the chicken breast whole. Marinate them in the ingredients above that you set aside. Let them marinate for at least 30 minutes. We did ours for about 6 hours.
- Wash & dry your veggies..and cut them up.
- Preheat your grill on high
- Assemble the chicken veggies on skewers any way you want to. Tip: The mushrooms and pineapples make good stoppers.
- Grill for about 12-16 minutes until cooked through. Tip: Brush the finished kabobs with the left over marinate.
** You can find the original recipe here on Yummly**
We marinated our chicken in the fridge 6 hours, if your chicken breasts are really thick you can poke holes in them. Like how you would to a baked potato before putting it in the oven.
We ended up using Shiitake Mushrooms, because the local little store didn’t have whole mushrooms..only the pre-cut ones.
Assembling the Kabobs!
Prior to grilling.
The rest of the marinade was brushed on the Chicken Kabobs.
Look at these beauties!
We paired ours with Oriental Rice, that my grandma Sue in Hawaii taught my mom.
What kind of Kabobs do you like?
**Just a friendly reminder, if you have not voted on the future giveaway poll on my twitter..please do so. Click on my twitter icon or you can find me at Sarah_BellaLife.**